Freedom

Freedom



I got a call one evening, the person on the other side said, "Hey I am Vinayak, I got your number from a colleague". He sounded like any other job seeker, unsure about the new company's culture. I told him the usual stuff and forgot about the discussion till he joined us. What followed for the next five odd years is simply unforgettable.

Within few months, Vinayak became my go to person for any code related discussion. There wasn't a week when we did not discuss about some new thing out there.  He kept on introducing me to new concepts, frameworks and libraries. And outside work, he was the life of fun activities. Always eager to try something new and always the first to cheer others up when they tried something new. If it wasn't for him, I might not have continued with this whole "Ohh gr" series. He had few ideas about the series, one of which to write a cartoon about "Out of the box" concept in ServiceNow. This strip is for him.

I still cannot believe that he is no longer with us. Even today, I half-expect a ping from him on sndevs slack channel, asking something about the next dev meetup. His passing was untimely and just feels wrong. Although, we cannot change the past, I would hope his parents and close ones find the strength to carry on. Rest in peace, Vinayak.









Creative Commons License

Comments